- 1 Cup Bone Broth
- 1 Pound Sausage (Optional)
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 TBSP Ghee/Butter (melted)
- 1 TBSP Sea Salt
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 Large Tomato (Deseed)
- 1 Large Red or Sweet Onion
- 3-6 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Shallots
- 6 Green Onions
- 1 Yellow, Red, Orange, and Green Bell Pepper (Deseed)
- 3 Stalks Celery
- Optional: Handful of sunchokes (if using, chop and add with step 2)
- Optional: 1 Cup of Snow Peas (if using, cook steam for 5 minutes, set aside, and add with step 7)
- BIG Iron Skillet or reduce ingredients
Step 2: Make the Recipe
- If using sausage, cook first in 1/2 cup of bone broth then set aside (keep liquid in pan afterward)
- In the same pan you cooked the sausage, add the chopped peppers and other 1/2 cup bone broth and let cook for 15 minutes on med/low heat. The goal is to soften the peppers.
- While the peppers are cooking, boil water to steam kale. Chop kale and add to the steamer for 1 minute. Stir kale inside the steamer and steam for another minute. Once lightly cooked, set aside for later.
- Add chopped onion to the peppers and let cook for 5 minutes
- Add chopped green onions and celery and let cook for 5 minutes
- Add chopped and deseeded tomato and let cook for 5 minutes (low)
- Add chopped shallots and garlic and let cook for 5 minutes (low)
- Add back in chopped sausage and cooked kale
- Add the 3 TBSP Ghee and Coconut Oil
- Add the 1 TBSP Sea Salt
- Stir the ingredients around for a few while still on low heat
- It would be about 35-40 minutes from the start of peppers.
- If you would like it more liquidity, add some of the water from the cooked kale.
Mo’ Recipes: Here Ya Go
- Thrive Market: Become a Member!
Thrive Market is a membership community that uses the power of direct buying to deliver the world’s best healthy food and natural products to our members at wholesale prices, and to sponsor free memberships for low-income American families.
- Eating Evolved Chocolate: Click here
- Use this code: Benitmt to receive the free gift of the month with your purchase when they are offering it.