AKA Kneel to Standing Get Up
- Starting Position: Begin standing with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step Back into a Lunge: Step back with one foot and lower into a lunge, bringing the knee of the back leg down to touch the ground.
- Kneel Down with the Other Leg: Bring your other knee down to the ground so you are in a kneeling position with both knees on the ground.
- Stand Up: Step forward with one foot, rising to a lunge position, and then bring the other foot forward to return to a standing position.
This exercise focuses on several aspects of fitness:
- Lower Body Strength: It targets the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings, similar to lunges and squats.
- Core Stability: Maintaining balance and posture during the movement engages the core muscles.
- Balance and Coordination: The movement requires coordination and balance, especially when moving from kneeling to standing.
- Flexibility: The exercise can help improve flexibility in the hip flexors and leg muscles.